Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Sensory Skills
Learn about the essentials of sensory evaluation in a practical and interactive manner. Sensory Skills investigates the way we perceive what we taste, how to evaluate coffee’s natural characteristics, and implementing this knowledge in business.
Our Academy offers Sensory Skills at the following levels:
- Foundation* covers the essentials of sensory evaluation in a practical and interactive manner. It investigates the way we perceive what we taste and how to apply this knowledge when evaluating coffee’s natural characteristics. It also offers an introduction to identifying speciality coffee qualities, as well as an overview of how to implement this in business;
- Intermediate* is ideal for someone already working in the area who wants to develop their knowledge of sensory skills. It is broken down into three areas: How we taste, perceive and interpret; Running a cupping session and tasting the diversity of coffee; How to set up sensory skills in your business.
- Professional prepares you to be a Sensory skills leader in a coffee business by raising your tasting skills to a professional level.
*Both SCA Sensory Foundation and Intermediate courses are SkillsFuture Credit eligible.
Foundation + Intermediate combo
Save when you take both the Foundation and Intermediate level courses.
Package Fee: S$1,200 including GST (full value $1,430)
What goes into a Bettr Learning Experience?
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.
- 6,000 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab for extra practice time on our machines.