SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION (SCA) Roasting Skills
Learn about the roasting process, including roast cycle, roast levels, identifying defects, the physical changes that beans undergo during the roasting process, as well as workspace management and lean production.
Our Academy offers SCA Roasting Skills at the following levels:
- Foundation* gives a basic understanding of the roasting process, including the roast cycle and how to control sensory aspects of the coffee by roasting light or dark;
- Intermediate builds on the basics covered in Foundation and covers roast defects, the physical changes that beans undergo during the roasting process, as well as workspace management and lean production.
- Professional gives you the skills and knowledge needed as a manager to plan and execute quality control, create a product range to meet different preferences, calculate production costs and ensure efficient production
*Only SCA Roasting Skills Foundation is SkillsFuture Credit eligible.
Foundation + Intermediate combo
Save when you take both the Foundation and Intermediate level courses. This package also includes a complimentary 2-hour Barista Lab valued at $100.
Package Fee: S$1,285 including GST (full value $1,430)
What goes into a Bettr learning experience?
- 6,000 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab for extra practice time on our machines.
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.