Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Barista Skills
Learn the practical skills you need behind the espresso bar: learn how to set your grinder, milk techniques and latte art, health and safety, customer service, and basic business practices
Barista Skills can be studied at three different levels:
- Foundation* is for those new to the coffee industry and focuses on the key skills required to set your grinder, brew espresso and foam and texture milk for cappuccinos. No previous barista experience is required for this course. This course is also available in Mandarin (中文教学).
- Intermediate* provides a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and builds on the practical skills learnt at Foundation level. Milk techniques, including latte art, are introduced as well as health and safety, customer service and basic business. This course is suitable for people already working as baristas;
- Professional level is suitable for baristas with considerable experience who have also completed the Intermediate qualification. It takes both a scientific and managerial perspective to coffee and making espresso-based drinks.
*SCA Barista Skills Foundation and Intermediate courses are SkillsFuture Credit eligible.
Foundation + Intermediate combo
Save when you take both the Foundation and Intermediate level courses. This package also includes a complimentary 1-hour Barista Lab valued at $100.
Package Fee: S$1,200 including GST (full value $1,430)
What goes into a Bettr learning experience?
- 6,000 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab for extra practice time on our machines.
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.