SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION OF EUROPE (SCAE)
We offer the following module for which you can earn certification and credits under the SCAE coffee education programme:
Roasting gives you an understanding of the roasting process, including the roast cycle and how to control sensory aspects of the coffee by roasting light or dark. In addition, the roasting modules cover roast defects, the physical changes that beans undergo during the roasting process, as well as workspace management and lean production.
SCAA Roaster's Guild of America (RGA) Certification
The Roaster Certificate Program recognises specialty roasters who achieve a high degree of skill and excellence in roasting, across three levels: Level 1, Level 2 and Master Level.
Roasters Guild of America educational programming focuses on a variety of topics and issues relevant to today's marketplace and business demands. Course subjects range from the practical (identifying defects, plant safety, green coffee processing) to the scientific (sensory science, heat transfer & thermodynamics, Particle Size Analysis).
Roasters who commit to a course of study in the Roaster Certificate Program can expect to expand their knowledge of the craft across many subject areas and achieve both personal and professional recognition among their peers.
What goes into a Bettr learning experience?
- Over 1,500 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCAA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab and Roaster Lab for extra practice time on our machines, with packages that include guided practice sessions with a trainer.
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCAE/SCAA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.