SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION (SCA)
We offer the following module for which you can earn certification and credits under the Specialty Coffee Association:
Roasting gives you an understanding of the roasting process, including the roast cycle and how to control sensory aspects of the coffee by roasting light or dark. In addition, the roasting modules cover roast defects, the physical changes that beans undergo during the roasting process, as well as workspace management and lean production.
What goes into a Bettr learning experience?
- Over 1,500 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab and Roaster Lab for extra practice time on our machines, with packages that include guided practice sessions with a trainer.
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.