Information on SCAA and SCAE unification
As of January 1, 2017, the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) and the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) unified to form the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
This is a very exciting time for the specialty coffee industry and details are available here. We are excited about the unification and for the greater value that it brings to all of us. In the meantime, here are some immediate updates.
What this means for our learners at Bettr Barista Coffee Academy:
- Alumni (already received your certificate) - You WILL be able to transfer your previous credits (both SCAA and SCAA) to the new SCA education program. We expect more details come 1 July 2017 where the SCA will announce more details regarding how the credits can be transferred and the related credit/points equivalents. We will provide updates as we receive more information.
- Current student (already passed exams and awaiting certificate) - The SCA is already rolling out the new SCA certificates for students. So you will be one of the first in the world to receive the new certificates (i.e. if you have taken an SCAE exam and passed, you will be receiving an SCA certificate, in lieu of the SCAE certificate.
- Current student (registered for class but not yet attended) - If you have signed up for an SCAE class with us, and are currently waiting for your class to start, you will be automatically enrolled into the new SCA programme by us. This will be explained further by your instructor in class.
What is your policy on course cancellations, refunds and rescheduling?
Our website has a full list of the courses we offer and course descriptions. The most current schedule of course dates and times is always available on our booking engine.
- Before booking a course, please read through the course content to ensure it meets your learning needs and that you satisfy all the prerequisites (where stated).
- All bookings are to be paid for at the time of booking in order to confirm and secure your place in class.
- Bettr Barista Coffee Academy reserves the right to make changes to the programme, date, venue and trainer.
- If we cancel a course at any time, you will have the option to reschedule to the next available date or receive a full refund.
If we do not receive the minimum number of sign-ups for a course to start, we may have to cancel the course on that particular date/time and reschedule students to alternative class dates/times.
If a student is unable to attend any of the proposed alternatives in this case, s/he is entitled to a full refund of the course fee.
Any request to cancel/withdraw from a course must be submitted in writing via email at least 72 hours before that class is scheduled to start. Requests made within this time frame are entitled to a full refund or reschedule, subject to a S$30 administrative fee.
If you have purchased your course(s) as part of a package, please note that packages are non-refundable and are valid for 9 months from the date of the first class (except where stated otherwise).
Any request to reschedule a course to another date/time must be submitted in writing via email at least 48 hours before that class is scheduled to start, and will be subject to a S$30 admin fee (no refunds).
Please note that we will not be able to process any reschedule requests that are received with less than 48 hours' notice.
Your course fee is not refundable if you don't show up for your scheduled class. However, if you miss your class due to illness and provide a medical certificate within 7 days of your scheduled class, we will reschedule you at no extra charge.
Can I get financial support for Bettr Barista's coffee courses?
There are a number of course funding options available for individuals as well as corporations/employees: