wsq provide specialty coffee service (2.5 days, Full/Part-time options)
WHO THIS IS FOR: Anyone with no previous barista experience and looking to acquire foundation skills in specialty coffee barista and brewing techniques that can be applied in the workplace. No prerequisites necessary.
WSQ Provide Specialty Coffee Service is a SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) accredited programme (formerly WDA) and this unit is within the competency category of Food & Beverage Service (one of the modules leading to the CET certificates).
Upon successful completion, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Provide Specialty Coffee Service. You will also be equipped with the knowledge and application skills in providing specialty coffee service and be competent in:
- Describing and recommending coffee products
- Grinding and brewing coffee
- Preparing and serving espresso
- Preparing and serving cappuccino and latte
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS: This course provides the fundamental skills and knowledge for learners to qualify for the SCA Barista Skills Foundation exam, which is internationally certified by the Specialty Coffee Association.
DAY 1 (9am - 6.30pm)
- CE1: Describe and Recommend Coffee Products
- CE2: Grind and Brew Coffee
- Assessment 1 (30 mins)
DAY 2 (9am - 6.30pm)
- CE3: Prepare and Serve Espresso
- CE4: Prepare and Serve Cappuccino and Latte
- Assessment 2 (30 mins)
DAY 3 (Assessment)
- 1-hour assessment time slots between 9am and 3pm
- Learners must complete their assessment within 2 months of the date of their course. Assessments that are completed after the 2-month window are subject to a $30 administration fee.
- Learners may opt out of the assessment and forfeit the WSQ certification in this case. However, we will award these learners a certificate of completion from Bettr Barista Coffee Academy.
Upcoming COURSE DATES
Note: Registration closes 5 days prior to course start date, in order to allow for all administration processes to be completed.
Full Time (weekdays only)
- 6 - 8 November (registration closes 31 October)
- 13 - 15 November (registration closes 7 November)
- 20 - 22 November (registration closes 14 November)
- 27 - 29 November (registration closes 21 November)
- 4, 11 & 18 November (registration closes 29 October)
- 11, 18 & 25 November (registration closes 5 November)
- 18 November, 25 November & 2 December (registration closes 12 November)
Full Time (weekdays only)
- 4 - 6 December (registration closes 28 November)
- 11 - 13 December (registration closes 5 December)
- 18 - 20 December (registration closes 12 December)
- 2, 9 & 16 December (registration closes 26 November)
- 9, 16 & 23 December (registration closes 3 December)
- 23 December, 30 December & 6 January (registration closes 17 December)
SkillsFuture credit (for Singaporeans) can be applied towards this course.
Terms & Conditions
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis and subject to availability of seats.
- To confirm your enrolment, registration and payment - inclusive of SkillsFuture Credit disbursement to BETTR BARISTA - must be made no later than 3 days before the course start date to secure your seat.
- A minimum number of enrolments is required in order for the course to start, otherwise the course may be rescheduled or cancelled at the Academy's discretion.
- All learners undertake to reimburse BETTR BARISTA the WDA subsidy, should they be assessed as "Not Yet Competent" (NYC) at the end of the course unit.
- Please read the full Terms and Conditions before registering and contact our Academy team if you have questions.
Bettr Barista Coffee Academy is an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) under the WSQ system and this course can be funded up to 95% for eligible companies and individuals.
WSQ Food & Beverage Framework
The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a national credentialing system. It trains, develops, assesses and recognises individuals for the key competencies that companies look for in potential employees. The WSQ system is designed to be a practical, accessible and affordable launch pad for individuals to take charge of their own careers and advancement. It is also a powerful business tool for employers to access and maintain a skilled workforce as it enhances their competitive edge and advancing their businesses.
WSQ for Food and Beverage was jointly developed by the F&B Industry, which is spearheaded by the F&B Industry Skills and Training Council (ISTC), together with SkillsFuture Singapore (formerly WDA). Over 250 competency standards under the F&B WSQ have been developed to assess and nationally certify workers in the competency areas of their jobs.