wsq provide specialty coffee service (2.5 days, Full/Part-time options)
WHO THIS IS FOR: Coffee lovers and those who might be keen on joining the F&B industry, or even starting their own cafe. Suitable for anyone who is looking to acquire foundation barista and brewing skills in specialty coffee. No prior experience or prerequisites are necessary.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be equipped with the knowledge and application skills in providing specialty coffee service and be competent in:
- Describing and recommending coffee products
- Grinding and brewing coffee
- Preparing and serving espresso
- Preparing and serving cappuccino and latte
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS: This course provides the fundamental skills and knowledge for learners to qualify for the SCA Barista Skills Foundation exam, which is internationally certified by the Specialty Coffee Association.
WSQ Provide Specialty Coffee Service is a SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) accredited programme (formerly WDA) and this unit is within the competency category of Food & Beverage Service (one of the modules leading to the CET certificates).
Upon successful completion, learners will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Provide Specialty Coffee Service.
- This course is SkillsFuture Credit Eligible (for Singaporeans).
- Funds from Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) balances can also be used towards this course. Please check your eligibility and PSEA balance by contacting MOE first at +65 6260 0777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional UTAP training benefit is available for NTUC members.
Terms & Conditions
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis and subject to availability of seats.
- To confirm your enrolment, registration and payment - inclusive of SkillsFuture Credit disbursement to BETTR BARISTA - must be made no later than 3 days before the course start date to secure your seat.
- If you are utilising your Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) credit towards this course, please note that we need at least 3 weeks' processing time from the time you submit your application.
- A minimum number of enrolments is required in order for the course to start, otherwise the course may be rescheduled or cancelled at the Academy's discretion.
- All learners undertake to reimburse BETTR BARISTA the WDA subsidy, should they be assessed as "Not Yet Competent" (NYC) at the end of the course unit.
- Please read the full Terms and Conditions before registering and contact our Academy team if you have questions.
Upcoming COURSE DATES
Note: Registration closes 5 days prior to course start date, in order to allow for all administration processes to be completed.
Full Time (weekdays only)
- 6 - 8 August (registration closes 31 July)
- 13 - 15 August (registration closes 7 August)
- 20 - 22 August (registration closes 14 August)
- 27 - 29 August (registration closes 21 August)
- 4, 11 & 18 August (registration closes 29 July)
- 18, 25 August & 1 September (registration closes 12 August)
Full Time (weekdays only)
- 3 - 5 September (registration closes 28 August)
- 12 - 14 September (registration closes 6 September)
- 17 - 19 September (registration closes 11 September)
- 24 - 26 September (registration closes 18 September)
- 15, 22 & 29 September (registration closes 9 September)
Full Time (weekdays only)
- 1 - 3 October (registration closes 27 September)
- 8 - 10 October (registration closes 2 October)
- 15 - 17 October (registration closes 9 October)
- 22 - 24 October (registration closes 16 October)
- 29 - 31 October (registration closes 23 October)
- 29 September, 6 & 13 October (registration closes 23 September)
- 13, 20 & 27 October (registration closes 7 October)
DAY 1 (9am - 6.30pm)
- CE1: Describe and Recommend Coffee Products
- CE2: Grind and Brew Coffee
- Assessment 1 (30 mins)
DAY 2 (9am - 6.30pm)
- CE3: Prepare and Serve Espresso
- CE4: Prepare and Serve Cappuccino and Latte
- Assessment 2 (30 mins)
DAY 3 (Assessment)
- 1-hour assessment time slots between 9am and 2pm
- Learners must complete their assessment within 2 months of the date of their course. Assessments that are completed after the 2-month window are subject to a $30 administration fee.
- Learners may opt out of the assessment and forfeit the WSQ certification in this case. However, we will award these learners a certificate of completion from Bettr Barista Coffee Academy.
WSQ Food & Beverage Framework
The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a national credentialing system. It trains, develops, assesses and recognises individuals for the key competencies that companies look for in potential employees. The WSQ system is designed to be a practical, accessible and affordable launch pad for individuals to take charge of their own careers and advancement. It is also a powerful business tool for employers to access and maintain a skilled workforce as it enhances their competitive edge and advancing their businesses.
WSQ for Food and Beverage was jointly developed by the F&B Industry, which is spearheaded by the F&B Industry Skills and Training Council (ISTC), together with SkillsFuture Singapore (formerly WDA). Over 250 competency standards under the F&B WSQ have been developed to assess and nationally certify workers in the competency areas of their jobs.