SCA sensory Skills - Intermediate (2 Days, 9am - 5pm)
For: Baristas, roasters and coffee professionals looking to develop their knowledge of sensory skills for specialty coffee
This Intermediate course is broken down into three components: How we taste, perceive and interpret; Running a cupping session and tasting the diversity of coffee; How to set up sensory skills in your business.
- Sensory analysis of coffee
- Sensory physiology
- Taste, perceive and interpret
- Cupping practice
- Sensory panels
- Students who have not previously completed SCA Sensory Skills - Foundation will need to demonstrate knowledge of sensory basics in order to enrol for this Intermediate course.
- It is mandatory to hold certification at the Intermediate level before pursuing the Professional level course, which requires extensive relevant experience.
Course Fee: S$850.00 (including GST)
The course fee includes 1 written and 1 practical test. Any subsequent retests will be charged as follows:
- Written retest - S$40.00
- Practical retest - S$120.00
We require a minimum number of 2 learners to run each class. If the number of sign-ups does not meet this requirement, learners will be notified and have their class rescheduled to the next available date. Please visit our FAQ page to learn more about rescheduling/cancellation policies.
SkillsFuture credit can be applied towards this course.
Take both Foundation and Intermediate classes at a discounted package price of S$1,265 (instead of $1,330).
Or, if you're looking to complete the core SCA Intermediate level courses, take a look at our Intermediate Series Package.
Other package pricing combinations are also available.