SCAA Barista Certification - Level 2 (2 days)
For: Career baristas and coffee professionals with at least 6 months' experience
Level 2 training classes are for professionals in the coffee preparation sector of the specialty coffee industry. Classes are open to candidates who have attained their Level 1 Certificate or the equivalent. Experienced baristas (i.e. those who have mastered most of the Level 1 Competencies) may take classes in Level 1 and Level 2 concurrently only if they have passed the Level 1 Practical test.
All classes in Level 2 are at the 200-level (Intermediate) which, according to SCAA's Definition of Levels is appropriate for participants who:
- Have the experience, basic knowledge and abilities that are equivalent to the Level 1 Competencies
- Are able to explain key tasks of a barista in detail
- Have taken beginning level classes
- Feel confident in basic knowledge and skills but desire to learn more
Eligibility for BGA Level 2 Written Exam
- Completed attendance in each of the required classes
Eligibility for BGA Level 2 Practical Exam
- Current BGA Level 1 Certificate
- Work for at least 3 months after completing the course. Candidates for the BGA Level 2 Certificate will not be permitted to take the Level 2 practical exam immediately after completing their classes. The BGA strongly recommends at least 3 months practicing skills learned in the course before attempting the practical exam CP290.
2-DAY COURSE Modules
- CB100: Lecture: Seed to Roaster
- CP201: Grind, Dose, Tamp Extract
- CP202: Espresso Bar Efficiency & Workflow
- CP203: Latte Art
- CP204: Espresso Machine Preventive Maintenance
- CP290: Level 2 Certification Theory Test
- All modules are mandatory for candidates wishing to take the Level 2 certification exam.
- Candidates must complete the entire Level 2 course and testing within 3 years.
COURSE FEE: S$1,498 (INCLUDING GST)
The course fee includes 1 written test only. Practical test is charged separately. Any subsequent retests will be charged as follows:
- Written retest - S$130
If you prefer to sign up for individual modules, please contact us.