SCAA Barista Certification - Level 1 (2.5 days)
For: Aspiring baristas looking to understand the basics of specialty coffee
This course is open to everyone and no prior qualifications are required. Basic skills are taught and tested, covering foundational knowledge and skills in the sphere of coffee preparation, customer service and general knowledge.
All coursework is at the 100-level (Beginning) which, according to SCAA's Definition of Levels, is appropriate for students who:
- Are new to the subject or skill
- Have little or no experience or knowledge
- 9am - 11am: CP103: Customer Service Essentials
- 11am - 1pm: CB100: Seed to Cup
- 1pm - 2pm: LUNCH
- 2pm - 6pm: CP151 & CP152: Brewing, Extraction & Principles I & II
- 9am - 12pm: GE103: Introduction to SCAA Cupping
- 12pm - 1pm: LUNCH
- 1pm - 5pm: CP101 & CP102: Espresso & Milk Steaming Fundamentals I & II
- 5pm - 6pm: BGA L1 Written Test
- 9am - 12pm: BGA L1 Practical Tests
- 12pm - 1pm: LUNCH
- 1pm - 3pm: BGA L1 Practical Tests
The Barista Level 1 Practical Exam evaluates practical knowledge and skills of a barista at the level of essential competencies.
The written exam covers knowledge aspects of all Barista Pathway Level 1 classes. Based on the Barista Certificate Level 1 curriculum, completion of ALL classes is recommended prior to testing. In order to receive the full certificate, candidates must attend the required classes:
Seed to Cup (CB100)
Customer Service Essentials (CP103)
Brewing & Extraction Principles (CP151)
Brewing & Extraction Principles Applied (CP152)
Orientation to SCAA Cupping (GE103)
- Candidates must complete the entire Level 1 course and testing within 3 years.
COURSE FEE: S$1,605 (INCLUDING GST)
The course fee includes 1 written and 1 practical test. Any subsequent retests will be charged as follows:
- Written retest - S$120
- Practical retest - S$230
For upcoming course dates, or if you prefer to sign up for individual modules, please contact us.