SCA Barista Skills - professional (4 days)
Upcoming course: 10 - 13 June 2017
For: Career baristas with extensive experience, especially those who have completed their Intermediate exams and those pursuing their AST (Authorised SCA trainer) qualifications
This course is designed to test advanced skills and detailed knowledge of the science behind processes used, that are to be expected from a professional barista (Eg. someone working as a barista for 12 months or more, with some management responsibilities).
Students are expected to have a detailed understanding of their ingredients and of the techniques available to maximize the quality of the drinks made. They should be able to manage the skills of others to produce quality drinks and provide excellent customer service, as well as be able to maintain their equipment to ensure continued quality.
- DAY 1 (10 June): Advanced, Advanced Espresso
- DAY 2 (11 June): Cafe Operations, Customer Service
- DAY 3 (12 June): Milk Chemistry, Latte Art, Equipment Maintenance
- DAY 4 (13 June): Practice and Exams
- It is mandatory to hold the SCA Barista Skills - Intermediate Certification. Students are required to have all the knowledge and skills from these and may be tested on them during the practical and/or written assessments.
- In order to sit for the SCA Barista Skills Professional exam, there needs to be at least a 3-month gap from the date of the Intermediate exam.
COURSE FEE: S$1,900 (INCLUDING GST)
The course fee includes 1 written and 1 practical test. Any subsequent retests will be charged as follows:
- Written retest - S$40
- Practical retest - S$350
If you're looking to sign up for more than one SCA course, please contact us for information on our package prices.