SCA Barista Skills - Intermediate (2 days, 9am - 6pm)
For: Working baristas looking to deepen their competency
This course is designed to test the core and more advanced skills and understanding that are to be expected from an experienced barista.
Learners will get to dial in a brew recipe, make a full range of drinks with quality and speed, as well as understand the basic requirements for customer service and maintenance.
We recommended that learners have some previous/current experience as working baristas in the field before attempting this level (SCA recommends 6 months' experience or more).
- 9am - 11am: Advanced Espresso Techniques
- 11am - 1pm: Advanced Milk Techniques
- 2pm - 6pm: Drink-Building, Cleaning & Maintenance
- 9am - 12pm: Guided Practice
- 1pm - 6pm: Guided Practice, Cleaning & Maintenance
- Students who have not previously completed SCA Barista Skills - Foundation will need to demonstrate knowledge of espresso-making to SCA standards in order to enrol for this Intermediate course.
- It is mandatory to hold certification at the Intermediate level before pursuing the SCA Barista Skills Professional level course, which requires extensive relevant experience.
COURSE FEE: S$850 (INCLUDING GST)
The course fee includes 1 written and 1 practical test and both exams will be scheduled another day (1-hour time slots). Any subsequent retests will be charged as follows:
- Written retest - S$40
- Practical retest - S$120
We require a minimum number of 2 learners to run each class. If the number of sign-ups does not meet this requirement, learners will be notified and have their class rescheduled to the next available date. Please visit our FAQ page to learn more about rescheduling/cancellation policies.
SkillsFuture credit (for Singaporeans) can be applied towards this course).
Additional UTAP training benefit is available for NTUC members.
If you're looking to sign up for more than one SCA course, please contact us for information on our package prices.