SCA Barista Skills - Intermediate (2 days)
For: Working baristas looking to deepen their competency
This course is designed to test the core and more advanced skills and understanding that are to be expected from an experienced barista.
Students will learn to dial in a brew recipe, make a full range of drinks with quality and speed, as well as understand the basic requirements for customer service and maintenance.
We recommended that students have some experience as working baristas in the field before attempting this level (SCA recommends 6 months or more).
- 9am - 11am: Advanced Espresso Techniques
- 11am - 1pm: Advanced Milk Techniques
- 2pm - 4pm: Drink-Building, Cleaning & Maintenance
- 9am - 10am: Written Exam
- 10am - 12pm: Guided Practice
- 1pm - 3pm: Guided Practice, Cleaning & Maintenance
Practical Exam: 1-hour time slots on designated Exam Days (to be confirmed during the class)
We require a minimum of 2 students to run the class on the stipulated dates, if we do not meet the requirement, students will be informed accordingly and moved to the next available date. Please read our FAQ page to learn more about rescheduling/cancellation policies.
- Students who have not previously completed SCA Barista Skills - Foundation will need to demonstrate knowledge of espresso-making to SCA standards in order to enrol for this Intermediate course.
- It is mandatory to hold certification at the Intermediate level before pursuing the Professional level course, which requires extensive relevant experience.
COURSE FEE: S$850 (INCLUDING GST)
The course fee includes 1 written and 1 practical test. Any subsequent retests will be charged as follows:
- Written retest - S$40
- Practical retest - S$120
If you're looking to sign up for more than one SCA course, please contact us for information on our package prices.