Specialty Coffee Association (SCA)
The study of Brewing introduces you to the different ways of brewing coffee, from Chemex and siphon to clever dripper and French press. In addition, these modules allow you to get hands-on and learn to analyse your grind profile, match your grind to your brewing method and to scientifically measure coffee strength and chart a coffee’s extraction.
We offer the following modules for which you can earn certification and under the Specialty Coffee Association:
WHAT GOES INTO A BETTR LEARNING EXPERIENCE?
- Over 1,500 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab and Roaster Lab for extra practice time on our machines, with packages that include guided practice sessions with a trainer.
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.