Our professional educators and network of industry specialists are world class. Which means it's never "just a coffee class" at our Academy.
WSQ - Provide Specialty Coffee Service
This 2.5-day course introduces basic barista skills to those in the F&B industry who have no prior specialty coffee experience, with up to 80% funding for eligible companies and individuals.
Bettr Barista is an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) under the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) system.
Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Barista Skills
SCA Barista Skills courses are for learners focusing on the key skills required to set your grinder, make espresso and foam and texture milk for cappuccinos. This module allows learners to gain a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and build on practical skills for milk technique and latte art, not to mention health and safety, customer service and basic business.
Barista Skills can be studied at three different levels:
- Foundation* is for those new to the coffee industry and focuses on the key skills required to set your grinder, brew espresso and foam and texture milk for cappuccinos. No previous barista experience is required for this course;
- Intermediate* provides a deeper understanding of the coffee itself and builds on the practical skills learnt at Foundation level. Milk techniques, including latte art, are introduced as well as health and safety, customer service and basic business. This course is suitable for people already working as baristas;
- Professional level is suitable for baristas with considerable experience who have also completed the Intermediate qualification. It takes both a scientific and managerial perspective to coffee and making espresso-based drinks.
*SkillsFuture credit can be applied towards SCA Barista Skills Foundation and Intermediate courses only.
What goes into a Bettr learning experience?
- 6,000 square feet of learning and workshop space, including an SCA-certified Cupping Lab and a micro roastery.
- Quality hands-on time for all students - with dedicated brew stations and equipment - so there's no need to share!
- Student-only access to our Barista Lab and Roaster Lab for extra practice time on our machines, with packages that include guided practice sessions with a trainer.
- Our passion for all things coffee AND our love of lifelong learning.
- ACTA-qualified adult educators who are SCA-certified industry professionals/specialists.
- An incredible amount of thought and attention towards developing - and constantly refining - our curricula, in order to deliver learning experiences that aren't your average cup of joe.